Friday, September 19, 2008

Hmmm, well …………………


My 2nd last post made mention of a “nightmare” check in experience I had at a particular hotel. I like to review hotels I stay at on Trip advisor so did the usual with this one & btw it didn’t get a 5 star rating, I never bother to review one of Hubby’s hotels as I see that as a conflict of interest & I would be biased anyway.

Well some astute individual put 2 & 2 together & figured the less than stellar review was composed by me & I seem to have ruffled a few feathers in the camp with my factual, based on experience, non opinionated review.
Hubby received a call yesterday from the area regional manager condemning him for the review (even though it was written by myself) & was advised it displayed a lack of loyalty (never knew I was supposed to be loyal to husbands company ?!?) was detrimental to business & will be revenue impacting ! Seems it’s ok to review hotels belonging to the chain as long as it’s positive & benefits the company. I guess fascism is alive & well.


Geez instead of getting defensive & trying to intimidate a mere housewife (me!) perhaps the Hotel management should take the constructive criticism on board and deal with the maintenance & customer service issues I raised in order to better the product otherwise where is the integrity ?


I won’t post the offending review here as who knows what will happen if this blog is discovered.

I suppose If you log on 1 day & discover this site no longer exists it won’t be hard to guess why.

Other than that (for the moment at least) I’m loving Mumbai.