Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Heartbeats, Music from within.

Last night we headed off to a concert called "Heartbeats, The music within" that the hotel sponsored. I wasn't expecting much as I'm not a fan of Hindi music but was really blown away by the performance. The genre was more world music/tribal than the Hindi/Bollywood song & dance type that I was expecting & it was like a jam session between a singer (who sung chords not actual words), guitarist & 3 drummers.

The musicians would take turns playing/singing/drumming tune or rhythm then the others would match it individually then they would come together & play as a group.

2 drummers were playing "traditional" type drums, I've got no idea what they're called & the third had a kit of about 25 drums & also incorporated a suitcase & water bottle into the performance.

I can't really describe it as this genre is new to me & it's one of those things you really have to see live to appreciate.

Man, I need to start taking my camera to these functions in the future.