Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Me, Mans Best Friend ?

My eyes have been red & sensitive to light for the past couple of days,

Hubby was heading out of the Hotel for lunch so I asked him to stop by an Apotek (drug store) and pick up some conjunctivitis ointment for me. ( Why no Doctors visit?..... Because YOU DO NOT VISIT DOCTORS in remote S.E Asia)

"Sure no problems" he says, sounds easy enough I thought.

Later on he came back, handed me a tube of ointment, So I slathered it all over my pink eye then thought, hmm I better google the name of the cream. "Terramycin" manufactured by Phizer.

After a quick search I click on a link and wait for the page to load up, Scan the page quickly thinking "Phew, The cream seems legit, not a generic no frills made is China but banned every where else brand ".

Then I take a closer look the the web page & think "Huh?!?!, Phizer ANIMAL HEALTH....... WTF!?! "
Scrolled down the pages a bit to see these 2 magic sentences,


  • For animal use only. Not for human use.
  • Restricted drug in California; use only as directed.

  • My initial reaction went like this: F%$#& !?! #$%^@!!! #*&^$%!!!!

    Then after a few deep breathes: PMSL, LOL, hahaha So typical here even the simplest things turn into a drama !

    I do think it's kinda ironic the Apotek is dispensing dog medicine considering this is a predominately Islamic area I'm in.

    Wonder if Terramycin is halal ?